So the first day wasn’t too bad. I dealt with some tummy grumblings, but they weren’t too awful. Here on day two, I still haven’t gone to the gym yet. Still pretty sleepy in the mornings and getting up at 5:15 a.m. like I used to do back in the day, just doesn’t seem enjoyable. Eeeek. You know what, I’m not going to beat myself up about it, though I do need to figure something out because a change in the way I eat is only going to assist me temporarily on my journey.
It’s detrimental to my health, success, and overall well-being that exercise in the form of cardio and weight training starts soon.
Day 2 Menu and Activities
- No workout 🙁
- 2 large brown eggs (cage-free or free range) cooked medium
- 1 chicken & apple sausage (Aidells brand)
- 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries and blueberries (organic, if possible)
- 1 cup coffee, black
- Large Salad – spinach, mixed greens, avocado, grape tomatoes, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), splashed with cranberry/orange balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of assorted raw nuts and sunflower seeds
Dinner: (leftovers from Day 1)
- Grilled tilapia
- Mashed cauliflower
- 1 Gallon +
- 2:00 p.m. walk around outside of my building at work (10 min.)
- No growling of the tummy
- Bloating subsiding
- Withdrawals in the form of headaches started in the evening (expected this to happen and from experience they will probably last 3 to 4 days)
NOTES: To consume at least one gallon of water a day, I make sure to drink at least 5 bottles of water from my Camelbak eddy water bottle (750ml). I actually drink 2 before lunch and then 2 more after lunch before the end of my work day. I drink the 5th when I get home.
The large glass next to my water bottle pictured equals the same amount as my bottle (it starts off narrow at the bottom and becomes really wide at the top), so I usually drink at least one of those. Most of the time, I end up drinking a little more than that.