Day 50! The big 5-0! Okay, maybe 60 is more of a bigger accomplishment as that will mark 2 months into my journey to becoming more fit at 40+. You know what, every day that I continue living this lifestyle is an accomplishment. It’s one step closer to my goals and I will not stop. 🙂
So, I had an amazing workout this morning. I had so much energy and I cranked up my cardio session my doing more running than I normally do. Not only did I go for longer periods, but I increased the speed a bit too.
I really feel that the amount of protein I ate at the buffet, along with taking a full rest day off yesterday, really helped with my workout recovery and gave me the energy I needed to workout harder and more intensely. It felt great!
I hope it continues and I am breaking new limits. That’s always what I strive to do.
Okay, enough with that…here’s the daily grub:
Day 50 Menu and Activities
- Cardio (intensified) – Treadmill, 30 min. + 5 min. cool down
- Weights – Chest/Triceps, 35 min.
- 1 Scoop Peach/Mango Recovery Whey Protein powder with 8 oz. water
- 1 Tsp. Fish Oil
- 2 large brown eggs (cage-free or free range), scrambled with
- Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 1 cup blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries (organic, if possible)
- 1 cup hot lemon water
- 1 cup coffee, black
- Large Salad
- mixed greens
- shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage)
- chicken breast (cut up from Day 49 Dinner)
- PaleoChef Ginger/Cilantro dressing, drizzled
- Baby carrots
- Kalua Pig, slow cooker
- Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- 1 Sweet Potato, brushed with ghee
- 1 Gallon +
- Deep sleep
Overall Feelings: I feel absolutely AWESOME today! My energy level is through the roof and I had a kickass workout. I literally feel lighter on my feet which is a bizarre sensation at times. A definite pep in my step today. I love this feeling. 🙂
NOTES: Nothing additional to note today