Day 72 and it’s now Tuesday, March 17th. I can’t believe it’s already the 17th. Where the heck has the month already gone? It’s crazy. Not to mention the official day of spring is only a couple days away. This year has flown by so quickly.
Everything needs to just sloooow down a bit, I tell ya! 😉
I’m actually looking forward to the summer because I can’t wait to get back in the water. I’m such a sea monkey. I love everything about the ocean. It really does give me peace.
Last summer, I didn’t spend much time in water and this year, I plan on that being completely different.
Not to mention…I should be in pretty decent shape by then. At least that’s my goal. 😉
And with that, let’s get on to Day 72’s grub:
Day 72 Menu and Activities
- Day 72 Weights – Back/Biceps, 55 min.
- 1 Scoop Peach/Mango Recovery Whey Protein powder with 8 oz. water
- 1 Tsp. Fish Oil
- 3 large brown eggs (cage-free or free range), scrambled with
- Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 1 cup blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries (organic, if possible)
- 1 cup coffee, black
- Large Salad
- mixed greens
- shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, cabbage)
- PaleoChef Ginger/Cilantro dressing, drizzled
- Handful of Macadamia Nuts
- Cardio – 4 mi. walk/run outside (inclines, declines, straightaways)
- Chicken Taco Lettuce Wrap
- ground chicken
- taco seasoning
- iceberg lettuce
- 1 Gallon +
- Slightly sluggish in the evening
Overall Feelings: As always, things are going good and I’m feeling really good overall. I did seem a little sluggish during my walk/run though and didn’t have as much energy in the evening that I have in the past. I went and watched a Lacrosse game at 7 pm, and when I got home, I immediately plopped on the couch, watched one of my shows on the dvr, and went right to bed. I don’t even remember falling asleep…I was out.
NOTES: I think the sluggishness I mentioned about might be due to not eating a significant mid-afternoon snack, like a healthy carb to fuel myself in the late afternoon/early evening time…especially after my 4 mile walk/run route. I may try eating half of a sweet potato or another type of healthy carb to give me more fuel. We’ll see how that goes.
This whole journey is about trying new things and seeing how my body reacts to it. Each of us are different, so it’s a matter of finding what works best for me.