Day 74. It’s Thursday. Yes! One more day until the weekend is here yet again. This weekend will be busy with a lacrosse game, house painting, and the 5k Hot Chocolate run here in San Diego. It’s supposed to be another beautiful weekend too…and not nearly as hot, which means it’s going to be perfect! 🙂 Oh, aaand…it’s going to be the first day of spring!
Hmm, maybe I shouldn’t brag because I know that there are some states that are actually have snow in their forecast for the first day of spring. Eck! Sorry!
So far, this week is shaping up to be the best week I have had thus far, which is awesome! Things definitely kicked into gear this week after last week’s muscle meltdown. Ha! Everything is much better….thank gawd! 😉
And with that, let’s get on to Day 74’s grub:
Day 74 Menu and Activities
- Day 74 Weights – Abs & Shoulders, 50 min.
- 1 Scoop Peach/Mango Recovery Whey Protein powder with 8 oz. water
- 1 Tsp. Fish Oil
- 3 large brown eggs (cage-free or free range), scrambled with
- ground chicken taco meat, sprinkled with tapatio
- 1/2 cup blueberries and strawberries (organic, if possible)
- 1 cup coffee, black
- Large Salad
- mixed greens
- shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, cabbage)
- cubed chicken breast (leftover from Day 73)
- balsamic vinegar, drizzled
- Sweet Potato
- Cardio – 4 mi. walk outside (inclines, declines, straightaways)
- Shrimp Scampi atop Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Gallon +
- Sound sleep
- Will power
Overall Feelings: Awesome! As I stated in the beginning of this post, this week is shaping up the be the best one yet, which I am totally stoked about. My energy levels have returned and my stamina seems to be better than last week for sure. It’s just been an all around great week and I have no complaints. Each day I feel motivated to be better than I was the previous day. If I am…awesome, but if I am not, then no big deal…I will keep striving to move forward. That’s all I can do and as long as I do that, then it’s a win.
NOTES: The only thing that I wanted to add, is that eating that sweet potato as my afternoon snack really has helped me to go harder, longer, and faster during my afternoon walk/run session. It gives me just the right amount of fuel I need and since eating that two days in a row, I’ve bested my time on my route two days in a row. So…I think I may be on to something here. Ha! 🙂