It’s now Day 8. A Monday. The day of the first Playoff National Championship between the Oregon Ducks and the Ohio Buckeyes. The University of Oregon is my sister’s alma mater. So yes…I’m a Ducks fan. GOOOO DUCKS!!!
If you can’t tell, I like football.
Ok, I LOVE football.
So now you know that I am a Seahawks, Cowboys, Ducks fan. 🙂 It will be a tough game, but hopefully a good game. I really hope the Ducks win. Dallas lost yesterday in such a controversial call, that I still haven’t fully recovered. Lol. Time heals all wounds, right? I guess I should looks at it this way…at least I didn’t have to feel conflicted if Dallas and Seattle faced each other next week. Then again, at least I would know for sure that one of my teams would be going to the Super Bowl.
Seattle better win.
Okay, okay, enough football talk and back on course. It’s Day 8. I still have not made it to the gym yet and it needs to happen. Getting up earlier in the morning to go do cardio and/or weights just doesn’t appeal to me.
But I know I have to.
Like REALLY soon.
I just need to suck it up and go.
Day 8 Menu and Activities
- No workout (I know, I know)
- 2 large brown eggs (cage-free or free range) scrambled with Aidells Chicken & Apple sausage
- 3/4 cup of blueberries, blackberries, and sliced strawberries (organic, if possible)
- 1 cup coffee, black
- Large Salad
- mixed greens
- sliced chicken from Day 7’s dinner
- grape tomatoes
- shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage)
- cranberry/orange balsamic vinegar, drizzled
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pig w/mango salsa from previous night
- Nom Nom Paleo cookbook, page 237
- Sweet Potato with ghee
- Nom Nom Paleo cookbook, page 164
- 1 Gallon +
- Attitude is becoming more positive
- Not nearly as lethargic
- Oregon lost. Badly. 🙁 I also got a headache (but that was from yelling at the TV…hey, I’m passionate)
NOTES: Things are trucking right along. So far so good. Next goal is getting my bum to the gym. It truly is going to happen and soon. Also, regarding my salads. I never really mentioned how big they are. They’re pretty big. I start with 1 large handful of spinach and 1 large handful of mixed greens/lettuce as my base. Then I go from there and add whatever toppings I want. The picture of the bowl doesn’t do it justice. It looks smaller in the picture than it actually is…trust me. 🙂