Day 86! It’s Tuesday…though it feels like Monday since I didn’t go to work yesterday and I did my workout today that I normally do on Mondays…so, it’s Monday dang it! 😉
Today has been a pretty good day so far. My energy seems to have returned and I’m back to feeling like my peppy self. Thankfully so…yesterday I felt so incredibly drained. My body really just did need a day to rest and do absolutely nothing. And that’s exactly what I did. 😉
So yup, feeling 100% better today.
Let’s get on to Day 86’s menu and activities:
Day 86 Menu and Activities
- Day 86 Weights – Chest/Triceps, 50 min.
- 2 Scoops ProMix Unflavored Grass-fed Whey Protein powder blended with,
- 14 oz. cold filtered water
- 1 cup organic mixed frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1 Tsp. Fish Oil
- 2 large brown eggs (cage-free or free range), scrambled
- 3 pcs. bacon (no nitrites or nitrates)
- 1 cup coffee, black
- Large Salad
- mixed greens
- shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, cabbage)
- 2 pcs. bacon, chopped
- ½ small avocado
- balsamic vinegar, drizzled
- Sweet Potato
- Cardio – 4 mi. walk/run outside (inclines, declines, straightaways)
- 1 Gallon+
- Renewed ENERGY!!!
Overall Feelings: Today turned out to be a great day. I wasn’t too sure since my morning workout, though it went well, it wasn’t nearly what it has been in the past…so I thought I was still feeling a bit under-the-weather. Turns out, my mid-morning, I was feeling great and rejuvenated.
The best part of the day actually came during my p.m. workout. I truly felt that I wouldn’t be 100% back to normal for those 4 miles today. However, turns out I was more than 100% back and in fact, beat my time by 1:13! 🙂 Talk about being stoked! I was only beating my time by seconds before and now I did it by over a minute.
So needless to say, I am really feeling great about that and this day overall turned out better than I thought it would.
NOTES: I think getting back to drinking my post-workout protein shake has definitely helped. Last week, I went almost all week without it and it definitely made a difference and not exactly in a good way. My energy levels and recovery throughout the day seemed much better. It was quite obvious. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the week goes.