Eating healthy should never mean eating dull food. I love all the food that I eat. The one thing that folks who begin a healthier lifestyle freak out about, is that they feel that their sweet tooth will be their undoing. I’m here to tell you that there are many different healthy AND tasty treats out there that will satisfy your sweet tooth in a heart beat.
One of my favorite treats are muffins. Blueberry muffins to be specific…and when I found a healthy blueberry recipe that I really enjoyed, it became a staple for me to make.
Props for this recipe go to Monica Bravo from the blog bravoforpaleo.com. I made this recipe as-is without a single deviation. Okay, I lied…this first time I made them I forgot to sprinkle the tops of the muffins with cinnamon before putting them in the oven. It tastes good with or without the cinnamon on top. 😉
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-3 tbs. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 count muffin tin and lightly oil with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl (KitchenAid) combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Fold in blueberries and add cinnamon.
- Distribute into muffin tin. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
NOTES: *Since coconut milk comes in various textures, I used a culinary coconut milk by the brand So Delicious, which came out terrifically.