Here’s the next installment of the weekly video series for Week 7.
Video 1 covers the following topics:
- Summary of how the week went
- Favorite menu item of the week
- Workout and weight goals accomplished?
- Goal setting for Week 8
- Weekly weigh-in
Video 2 covers the following questions:
- Q & A
- I’m worried about getting enough calcium. How do you get enough calcium if you don’t consume dairy?
- You always seem so positive in your blog posts. How do you keep positive & motivated all the time and not give up?
This week was okay, but definitely not my best week. I dealt with a couple days of sluggishness in my morning workouts on Monday and Tuesday. I know full well that is was because I didn’t consume enough for my evening meals the night before. Both nights prior, I ate a bowl of beef stew and that really isn’t enough to provide and sustain energy the following morning. I won’t be making that mistake again.
Additionally, I dealt with some bloating issues, which I am chalking up to my body needing to adjust to the Recovery Whey Protein shake I now drink post workout 5 days a week.
Lastly, this week did see an increase of weight. 1.8 lbs to be exact. I indulged a little on the weekend, which is what I suspect caused the gain, as well as the Whey protein. I have a feeling that will go away next week.
Here’s a roundup of the workouts as well as menu this past week:
- Monday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Chest/Triceps)
- Tuesday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Back/Biceps)
- Wednesday – 18 min. cardio/40 min. weights (Legs)
- Thursday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Abs)
- Friday – 60 min. cardio circuit (15 min. Elliptical, 15 min. Treadmill, 15 min. Stationary Bike, 15 min. Treadmill)
- Saturday – 4 miles walk (incline/decline/straightway)
- Peach/Mango Recovery Whey Protein Shake
- 2 Eggs scrambled; 3 pieces of bacon (no nitrates)
- 2 scrambled eggs with Chicken & Apple Sausage, seasoned with Trade Joe’s 21 Seasonings Salute
- Fruit Medley (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries); every a.m.
- 2 Eggs cooked medium; ½ sweet potato
- Macadamia Nuts; snack
- Baby carrots; snack
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, raw almond slivers, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), hardboiled egg, with PaleoChef Wild Berry dressing
- Salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, black olives, hardboiled egg, cucumber, grilled chicken breast, 1 Tbs. ranch dressing
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage),sunflower seeds, blueberries, balsamic vinegar – drizzled
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, raw almond slivers, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), raw almond slivers, avocado, with PaleoChef Wild Berry dressing
- Beef stew
- Grilled pork loin chop; steamed broccoli w/Hollandaise sauce; sweet potato
- Turkey Chili with beans
- Buffet – crab, shrimp, lobster, prime rib, Asian pork ribs, sweet potatoes, cabbage, shortcake with strawberry/blueberry mixture topped with whipped cream, mini-cream puff, mini-cream brulee