Here’s the next installment of the weekly video series for Week 8.
Video 1 covers the following topics:
- Summary of how the week went
- Favorite menu item of the week
- Workout and weight goals accomplished?
- Goal setting for Week 9
- Weekly weigh-in
Video 2 covers the following questions:
- Q & A
- Besides the obvious eating more healthy and working out, what other changes to your life have you made?
- What do you recommend, a juicer or a blender?
- Hey Noel, white and gold or blue and black?
This week was probably my best week yet! I fully believe that due to the amount of protein I consumed last weekend, as well as healthy carbs, gave my body the necessary nutrients I needed to recover, repair, and build my muscles as well as an abundant amount of energy during my workouts.
Yes, I did eat some bad carbs too, but when everything was said and done, it all turned out ok. Actually, better than okay…things turned out awesome! This is why I don’t stress about indulging here and there and beat myself up about it. I knew things would be fine this week and they were more than okay.
Also, this week saw a loss of close to 4 lbs., which is something else that I had a feeling would happen. Yet again another reason I didn’t worry about last weekend’s indulgences.
This isn’t supposed to be torture or a fad diet that I am on. It’s a lifestyle change and the main part of that statement should focus on the word “life”. Life happens and SHOULD happen.
And…it’s what you do after life happens that matter most.
At least, that’s what I am going to believe. 😉
Here’s a roundup of the workouts as well as menu this past week:
- Monday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Chest/Triceps)
- Tuesday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Back/Biceps)
- Wednesday – 18 min. cardio/40 min. weights (Legs)
- Thursday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Abs)
- Friday – 60 min. cardio circuit (15 min. Elliptical, 15 min. Treadmill, 15 min. Stationary Bike, 15 min. Treadmill)
- Saturday – 4 miles walk/run (incline/decline/straightway)
- Peach/Mango Recovery Whey Protein Shake; post workout snack – 5x week
- Broccoli and portabella mushroom scramble, topped with avocado and drizzled w/hot sauce
- 2 Eggs scrambled; 3 pieces of bacon (no nitrates or nitrites)
- 2 Eggs scrambled with Chicken & Apple Sausage, seasoned with Trade Joe’s 21 Seasonings Salute
- 2 Eggs scrambled with Kalua Pig, topped with avocado
- 2 Eggs, cooked medium; 1 chicken & apple sausage
- Fruit Medley (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries); every a.m.
- Raw almonds; snack
- Baby carrots; snack
- Paleo blueberry muffin; snack
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, chicken breast, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), with PaleoChef Citrus/Cilantro dressing
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, bacon, balsamic vinegar – drizzled
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, chicken breast, balsamic vinegar – drizzled
- Salad with mixed green, spinach, tomatoes, kalua pig, and spicy pineapple salsa
- Almond chicken; sautéed zucchini
- Kalua pig; sweet potato
- Turkey spaghetti with meatballs and spaghetti squash
- Grilled New York strip steak; steam Brussel sprouts; drizzled with balsamic vinegar
- Grilled Tilapia; sautéed zucchini