Here’s the next installment of the weekly video series for Week 5.
In this video, I’ll cover the following topics:
- Summary of how the week went
- Favorite menu item of the week
- Workout and weight goals accomplished?
- Goal setting for Week 6
- Weekly weigh-in
- Q & A
- What makes this time different than all the other times you’ve gone on one of your ‘health kicks’?
- On your ‘About’ page, you made a couple statements regarding old conventional wisdom and what you thought was eating right, what do you mean?
- You have a lot of recipe books, if you had to pick just one, especially for beginners, what would it be?
With the exception of Monday, the week wasn’t too bad. I was a little tired from time to time, but as the week progressed, especially Friday, Saturday, and today…more energy seemed to boost back up and I felt quite lively.
The lifestyle change in the food choices I now make have done incredible things in such a short time. I can only imagine what the weeks and months ahead are going to provide. 🙂
Here’s a roundup of the workouts as well as menu this past week:
- Tuesday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Chest/Triceps)
- Wednesday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Back/Biceps
- Thursday – 18 min. cardio/40 min. weights (Legs)
- Friday – 60 min. cardio circuit (15 min. Elliptical, 15 min. Treadmill, 15 min. Stationary Bike, 15 min. Treadmill)
- Saturday – 4 miles walk/jog (incline/decline/straightway)
- Sunday – 7.32 mile walk at Lake Murray
- 2 Scrambled eggs with Chicken & Apple Sausage, seasoned with Trade Joe’s 21 Seasonings Salute
- 3 Egg whites/1 whole egg; grass-fed beef strips
- 2 Eggs cooked medium; 1 leftover grilled pork tenderloin
- Fruit Medley (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries); every a.m.
- Steel Cut Oats with strawberries/blueberries
- Macadamia Nuts; snack
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, avocado, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage) w/PaleoChef Wild Berry dressing
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, grilled chicken breast, avocado, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage) w/PaleoChef Wild Berry dressing
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, grass-fed beef strips, avocado, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), balsamic vinegar – drizzled
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, blueberries w/PaleoChef Wild Berry dressing
- Salad with spinach mixed greens, avocado, red onion, tomato, broccoli, hard-boiled egg, black olives w/1 tbs. ranch dressing
- Grilled pork tenderloin; broiled zucchini
- Turkey spaghetti with spaghetti squash
- Grilled chicken breast based with PaleoChef Ginger/Cilantro dressing; broiled zucchini
- Chipotle Barbacoa Salad – barbacoa, lettuce, pico de gallo guacamole
- Slow cooker teriyaki chicken thighs; cauliflower rice