Here’s the next installment of the weekly video series for Week 6.
I’ve decided to breakup the weekly video into two separate videos. The first video covers a summary of the week and the second will tackle the Q & A portion.
In Video 1, I’ll cover the following topics:
- Summary of how the week went
- Favorite menu item of the week
- Workout and weight goals accomplished?
- Goal setting for Week 6
- Weekly weigh-in
In Video 2, I’ll cover the following questions:
- Q & A
- What’s been your biggest challenges since starting?
- Buying organic food can get expensive. What do you do to cut down on costs?
This probably has been the best week yet. My workouts were more intense and my overall internal feelings seem to be constantly positive. I did deal with a few late afternoon crashes. I guess I shouldn’t say crashes as they seem to sound a bit extreme and it was nothing like it was before my journey started. I just seemed to be a little tired in the late afternoon. Not surprisingly, these were all days in which I did not consume any snacks.
It makes perfect sense that I would feel tired when not supplying my body with enough nutrition to support my more intense workouts. This is a constant challenge that I need to work on. Especially when it is a simple fix…I just need to remember to bring a snack.
Hopefully, when I start consuming my post-workout protein shake 5 days a week starting Tuesday and eating breakfast a little later, this will help.
Here’s a roundup of the workouts as well as menu this past week:
- Monday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Chest/Triceps)
- Tuesday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Back/Biceps)
- Wednesday – 18 min. cardio/40 min. weights (Legs)
- Thursday – 30 min. cardio/30 min. weights (Abs)
- Friday – 60 min. cardio circuit (15 min. Elliptical, 15 min. Treadmill, 15 min. Stationary Bike, 15 min. Treadmill)
- Saturday – 4 miles walk (incline/decline/straightway)
- 2 Eggs cooked medium; grass-fed beef strips
- 2 Eggs scrambled; 3 pieces of bacon (no nitrates); banana/strawberry paleo muffin
- 2 scrambled eggs with Chicken & Apple Sausage, seasoned with Trade Joe’s 21 Seasonings Salute
- 2 Egg tilapia omelet with avocado and hot sauce; 1 sweet potato
- 2 Eggs scrambled with chicken taco meat and topped with avocado and hot sauce
- Fruit Medley (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries); every a.m.
- Steel Cut Oats with strawberries/blueberries; banana/strawberry paleo muffin
- 2 Eggs cooked medium; leftover rib-eye steak
- Paleo banana/strawberry muffin; snack
- Macadamia Nuts; snack
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (yolks removed); snack
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, baby cucumber, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), balsamic vinegar – drizzled
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon bits (from 2 pcs bacon), blueberries, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), avocado, w/PaleoChef Wild Berry dressing
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, grass-fed beef strips, avocado, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), balsamic vinegar – drizzled
- Salad with spinach, mixed greens, shredded medley (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage), chicken taco meat, guacamole, pico de gallo
- Slow cooker teriyaki chicken; cauliflower rice
- Ground chicken tacos; 1 sweet potato
- Tilapia with Spicy red rub; 1 sweet potato
- Meatballs atop spaghetti squash
- Rib-eye steak; roasted brussel sprouts; roasted asparagus
- Beef stew